Yamaha C7 centennial edition grand piano in mint condition. Purchased new in July 2002, the piano only has approximately four years of normal use at 5-10 hours per week. Tuned regularly, and never needed any repairs or other work. The sound is beautiful and powerful, the action is incredibly precise and uniform, and the finish is in showroom condition. The piano is in an air-conditioned home, non-smoking owner, and has never been moved. This piano is a very special instrument and it's a privilege to own, but I am moving and must sell.
The centennial year C7 has the following design improvements and advances for tonal quality and performance (from Yamaha's published specifications).
- Refinements in copper-wound string specifications deliver purer, more perfectly pitched and harmonious bass.
- New barrel-shaped treble hammer shanks, similar to those of the concert grand, improve dynamic and tonal response.
- Bridges crafted from more finely grained woods, selected to complement each scale design, provide superior sound transmission.
- New rim specifications attuned to the characteristics of each model optimize strength, stability and resonance.
- Model-specific production enables more-focused tuning, voicing and regulation, for optimal long-term performance.
- Precise note-by-note strike point alignment produces crisper, clearer tones.
- Heightened precision in damper installation offers superior pedaling and expressive control.