CHARLES FREDERICK STEIN GRAND PIANO
The factory was located at 3047 West Carroll St., Chicago. Mr. Stein’s personal vision was to build the world’s finest pianos, and his instruments were known to be of superior quality and craftsmanship.
At first the firm built only grand pianos and grand player pianos, but later introduced upright and studio pianos to their line in 1931. One of Charles Frederick Stein’s more memorable inventions was a “tone chamber” located between the strings and soundboard, patented in 1934.
Charles Frederick Stein went out of business in 1942 with the onset of World War II. The firm only built pianos for 18 years, and instruments by Charles Frederick Stein are quite rare today. The few surviving instrument we have restored do reflect Stein’s vision of building top quality instruments.