Steinway is chosen by over 95% of concert artists as their favorite performance partner. There's really nothing else quite as remarkable as a Steinway that has been fine tuned and regulated. This one was built in 1937 while the original Steinway family was there to oversee the construction.
In 2013 the following restoration work was completed on this Model B:
1. Refinished case and bench in hand rubbed ebony satin sheen, to a brush satin finish.
2. Re-plated all hardward.
3. Refinished soundboard and plate.
4. New pin-block, all new strings, and new tuning pins.
5. Respray damper heads, new damper felts, installed screws on back flanges.
6. New Renner hammers, shanks, flanges, and wippens.
7. New key frame felts and key bushings.
8. Tuned to concert pitch.
Background History: According to Steinway records, this grand piano is a New York Grand Model B Ebony Satin, 6'11" in length, approximate net weight of 740 lbs, completed on April 22, 1937, then shipped to former dealer Hollenback Piano Company of Spokane, Washington where it was on load for Concert & Artist.
Recent reactions by concert pianists, and piano studio owners who have played it......this Steinway Model B looks, play-ability, and deep rich sound is among the best they ever experienced.