Made in Boston, A top-tier grand in its size class.
Purchased new in 1928, as wedding gift for accomplished pianist; has remained in the family ever since. Piano was recently subjected to a thorough assessment by a professional piano technician. A copy of his report, certifying the piano's good condition, is available upon request.
Has distinctive Tension Resonator system, unique to Mason & Hamlin pianos:
- Preserves soundboard crown and vibrancy of tone over time
- Structurally "overbuilt" to last for generations
- Provides superior stability through changes in ambient temperature and humidity
Fully restored in 2002 (at a cost of > $10,000), including:
- Case and case parts refinished, with original black paint removed to reveal beautiful walnut cabinet
- Piano hardware polished
- Restrung, with new bass & treble strings, tuning pins and stringing felt
- Fitted with new pinblock
- Refinished plate
- Complete restoration of soundboard and bridges
- Replaced fallboard and soundboard decals
- Cleaned keybed - new felt punchings and regulated
- Replaced hammers/shanks/flanges and regulated
- Replaced whippens
- Overhauled dampers - new felt, cleaned and regulated
- Rebushed damper guide rail; rebushed keys-front and balance rail
Lightly used since 2002, but kept tuned and regulated.
Some fading of finish on the top, due to temporary placement near window.
Includes matching bench.