A truly exceptional, one of a kind vintage Steinway. Recipient of an 800 hr total restoration by the head technician of a Steinway distributor. Documented history. Hardcover book outlining its history and restoration.
Here's an excerpt from a May 2019 professional appraisal...
The report states...
● Satin black cabinet refinishing + new castors
● Original ivory and ebony reconditioning
● Fully rebuilt action with Japanese Tokiwa parts and Steinway Hammers
● Soundboard, bridge, and plate refinishing, with new bridge pins
● Restringing with new tuning pins (Roslau wire and Mapes bass strings)
● Hardware nickel plated
● Trapwork restoration
● Dampp-Chaser dehumidifier system installed
● Matching Stool seat
The appraisers comments...
"It is my professional opinion that the rebuild was done meticulously and at a high quality of workmanship. The tone and sustain are excellent and the action performs and feels very well."
I estimate its value at approximately $18,000, because in my opinion, this particular rebuild places it at a higher price than typically seen for pianos of this era. Keep in mind that similar Steinway uprights of the last 25 years cost in the low to mid twenty thousands, and a new K-52 upright retails for $40,000."
From the seller...
This piano is a genuine 10, and in flawless condition. Beautiful to look at, wonderful to play, with a generous base and a bright and rich sound.
A routine action adjustment and tuning will be paid for by the seller not to exceed $400.00 once the piano is situated in its new location.